Your Commodity Ltd. (“we”, “us”, “our ____”) hosts a directory market which primarily assists commodity traders network and make deals within our private network. Our web and mobile platform is a place where members may engage with one another in a variety of ways (posting, private messaging, bidding, reviewing, sending and receiving payments, etc.) which can add value to their business activities. (“YourCommodity.com” refers to Your Commodity Ltd. Members and non-Member visitors are referred to as “you”, “your”, and sometimes “they”, “their”, “user”)
The Definitions of all terms may be found in our Terms of Service.
DATA WE COLLECT
The Information which we gather usually includes users’ names, email addresses, mobile data, IP addresses, and information related to what websites are accessed and when. In return, we are able to offer users a unique experience and point them to the areas of our Platform which they will find most relevant and useful. Below is a more detailed explanation of all the types of data which we receive, store, and manage:
- We manage Log Data, or information which is automatically stored and organised by our servers whenever our Platform is being accessed; and this is done whether visitors are registered with YourCommodity.com or not. This user information includes the date and time of access, IP Address, refer and exit pages’ URLs, number of clicks, pages viewed, order of pages viewed, time spent on each page, and hardware and software being used.
- When users are accessing our Platform on a mobile device, we may also gather Mobile Data including location-based information (i.e. IP address, address, GPS location). If your device allows, you may disable GPS or other location-tracking functions and should still be able to access our Platform.
- We may be using Social Plugins which are operated by third-parties (such as Twitter’s Share Button). Hence, you may be sending information to these third-party companies which informs them that you are viewing a specific part of YourCommodity.com. The third-party company will not know your identity, unless you are logged into your account with them (continuing with the previous example, e.g. if you are logged into Twitter on the same device).
- We may use payment-related data in order to check with credit reference agencies in order to prevent fraudulent actions.
HOW WE COLLECT USER DATA
We receive, store, and manage information which users make available to us when accessing our Services. For example, when you…
…access our Platform (e.g. searching, posting, paying, etc.)
…link a third-party account to your YourCommodity.com account (e.g. Google, LinkedIn, etc.)
…fill a form on our Platform (e.g. during registration, updating your profile, etc.)
…request to import contacts: we will use your username and password for the email
account from which you wish to import contacts, but we will not store this information.
PURPOSES OF USING AND STORING USER DATA
- to allow users to access and use our Platform
- to operate, improve, and optimise YourCommodity.com; and to offer a customised user experience.
- to help us perform analytics, conduct research, and improve advertising.
- to improve the security which we are able to provide on our Platform and in our Services (such as: verifying any identitications, conducting investigations, risk assessments, fraud prevention, checks against databases such as public government databases).
- to comply with our own legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements with partners and other third-parties.
- to send users updates, messages, reminders, security alerts, notices, promotional messages, or any other information which may be of interest.
- to administer referral programs, surveys, contests, rewards, or any other promotional activities managed or sponsored by ourselves or our partners.
USE AND PROCESSING OF MEMBER COMMUNICATIONS
YourCommodity.com may – directly or indirectly (through third-parties) – scan, view, analyse, and store member communications exchanged via our Platform. This may be done for the sake of risk assessment, fraud prevention, investigation, regulatory compliance, research, product development (e.g. to make search, bidding, and user communications more efficient; or to debug and improve our products), and customer support. We may also mask certain messages in order to prevent fraudulent actions.
YourCommodity.com refuses to sell its member communications to third parties. Member communications will not be scanned, viewed or analysed for the purpose of sending members third party advertisements. In general, some messages may be viewed manually; but most of our message reviews will be done through automated means.
DISCLOSURE OF USER DATA
YourCommodity.com may publish general, aggregated Data for demographic profiling, industry and/or market analysis, marketing, and other related purposes.
User Information is primarily managed in Canada and on our servers in lkadsjfl;dsafh. Data is not openly shared with any third-party.
Sections from business profile pages, which contain user information, may be displayed on other parts of our Platform (e.g. as suggestions to other members). When members submit a Quotation Request or Bid, their profiles may become viewable to other users. Any members’ contributions to our Platform may be displayed – along with said members’ information – on the Platform and in search engines (which may also index and publish the information in search results).
Parts of our Platform may be displayed on platforms operated by our partners and affiliates. If a user’s data is displayed on a partner’s site, information from their public profile may also be displayed. Billing and payment information will never be shared with other users on the Platform.
Members may link their YourCommodity.com accounts on a third party social networking platform. When this is done, parts of the member’s account may be displayed to their contacts [on the third party platform] as well as other users [on the third party platform]. Other YourCommodity.com members may also be able to view the third-party platform and the information there. All of this information may also be gathered by YourCommodity.com for the purposes of risk assessment and fraud prevention. The display of such information [from third party accounts] is subject to users’ own settings on these third party platforms.
User data may be disclosed to our partners and related entities (e.g. subsidiaries) and their employees. This information may then be used to the same extent as YourCommodity.com: the related entities and employees must comply with the same obligations which we have outlined in this Policy.
Where legally allowed, YourCommodity.com may engage third-party companies and individuals to provide services to us. These services may be related to [but are not limited to] identity verification, checks against databases, payments, reimbursements, customer service, fraud prevention, and risk assessment assistance. In some cases, the sharing of user data may be necessary for the purpose of using such services. We will ensure that such parties have contractual obligations to protect this Data and not use it for unrelated purposes.
You acknowledge, consent, and agree to YourCommodity.com being allowed to access, store, and disclose your information and Collective Content if we are required – and it is reasonably necessary – in order to:
- protect the rights, safety, or property of YourCommodity.com and its members.
- respond to claims asserted against us.
- enforce and administer our agreements with members.
- comply with legal procedures (e.g. subpoenas or warrants).
- engage in fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigations, product development, customer support, and/or debugging activities.
Normally, we will take reasonable efforts in order to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data, unless:
- providing notice is prohibited by court order, applicable law(s), or the legal process itself.
- we, based on information from law enforcement, believe that
- the case involves potential harm to minors
- fraud or harm could be directed to our members, services, platform, or team
- providing notice could lead to injury, death, or the risk of either.
SECURITY OF USER DATA
YourCommodity.com is constantly implementing more technical, physical, and administrative security measures to secure User Information against destruction, alteration, or access by unauthorised entities. We cannot guarantee absolute security, though, since no method of transmission or storage of electronic information can be 100% secure.
DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS OF OUR MEMBERS
Every member is entitled to the following rights to:
- You may request pdf copies of your Information which is held by us. We will provide you with this within forty days of receiving your request. We may charge a fee for this service.
- You may update, correct, or delete the Information in your account on our Platform.
- You may request that we correct, erase, or hide inaccurate information. We will endeavour to do so and notify you within forty days of receiving the request.
- …data portability
- You may request that we transfer your Data to you or a third-party.
- …restrict or object to processing
- Under certain conditions, you may request that we restrict and/or do not process your data.
- You may cancel your YourCommodity.com account. Any posts from your account may still be available on our Platform, even after cancellation. You may also request the erasure of your Data if you believe we have breached relevant data protection legislation.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER SITES
Cookies are small files used for storing and receiving information on devices capable of accessing the internet. Cookies may be used to monitor user behaviours, user preferences, website performance, targeted advertisements, and other statistics. Other technologies may also be used for the sake of storing information which is generated during exchanges between users (and users’ computers) and our Platform. We will be referring to all of these technologies as “cookies” as well.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Necessary Cookies
- Our Platform cannot operate without these cookies.
- Functionality Cookies
- Without these cookies, we could not personalise our content to unique visitors or members. These allow us to recognise returning members.
- Performance Cookies
- For us to gather and analyse user performance and statistics; and help us optimise the user experience.
- Targeting Cookies
- These record pages and links which you have visited. We may use this information to optimise our Platform for targeting new visitors and make our Platform more relevant to your concerns.
- Third-Party Cookies
- Our partners’ cookies gather information which help them provide services to YourCommodity.com (for example, these third parties may suggest unique advertising strategies for us which are based on our users’ behaviours)
Please feel free to modify your browser settings to decline or delete cookies. However, note that certain features on our Platform may be limited or unavailable if you do so.
*YourCommodity.com does not knowingly collect Information from children and minors, or users under the age of 13. If we learn that a Child’s Information has been gathered, we will delete this data immediately. If Guardians believe that we have collected their Child’s Personal Information, they should inform us at email@example.com
*Members may opt-out or unsubscribe from certain communications in Settings (in the section) when they are logged in to their YourCommodity.com accounts. Members have a right to prevent us from contacting them for marketing purposes.
*We are constantly improving our ways of making sure our members’ information is accurate. If you change contact information or any other information we hold is inaccurate or outdated, please email, phone, or write us.
*Our Privacy and Cookie Policies were last updated on the 10th of February, 2020.